The 10 commandments of slow-fashion
Faced with the massive consumerism of the conventional textile sector led by the so-called fast fashion, the slow-fashion movement emerged a few years ago, as a kind of resistance that advocates the defense of the sustainability of production processes, respect for the environment , support for the local and the guarantee of decent working conditions and the rights of workers in the sector.
To learn more about this movement today we bring you what in our opinion are the 10 commandments of slow-fashion :
1. Support local and fair trade.
two. Oppose fast-fashion or conventional fashion and do not succumb to trends that change quickly. Bet on fashion made 'over a slow fire' !
3. Opt for brands that prioritize the quality of the garments over quantity.
Four. Recycle and make use of second-hand clothes. You can even customize your clothes to give them a new life and thus avoid 'spending for spending' .
5. Consume clothes made with materials created in a sustainable way.
6. Investigate the origin of the products or garments you buy.
7. It values the transparency of brands when addressing essential aspects such as the working conditions of workers.
8. Change your purchasing habit -if you haven't already done so- and promote ethical and responsible consumption.
9. Buy less but better quality, you will save in the long run!
10. Think about the benefits of supporting sustainable fashion, both for workers and for the planet, including your health!
As you know, Captain Denim is a jeans company located in Madrigueras -province of Albacete- for more than 40 years. In this small, large family of approximately 50 workers, we put a lot of effort into the quality of the product, also making it affordable for any pocket.
With the 'Made in Spain' and sustainable fashion as a flag, in Captain Denim we believe that a better world is possible, and that this change comes mainly from the hand of sustainability, fair trade, respect for the environment and the defense of the rights of workers. Cheer up, support slow-fashion , support the planet!