DIY Ideas: How to make a denim curtain
Do you have several jeans in the closet that you no longer use? Dare to give them a second chance and recycle them, with a little imagination and skill you can create beautiful decoration items for your home. Next, we will tell you how to make a denim curtain and give your home a cozy and original touch.
If you take a look at Pinterest, you can find plenty of examples. We have stayed with the Vicky Myers Creations denim curtain, but there are many more.
The first thing you have to do is get the materials. To make a denim curtain you only need denim fabric -in abundance-, sewing scissors, thread, needle -or sewing machine-, buttons and lining fabric.
You must bear in mind that the lining fabric must have the same dimensions as the curtain. Once you have everything ready, get to work! Here are the steps to follow:
- Cut the jeans into square or rectangular pieces roughly the same size. Jeans seams are not a problem, so you can include them in your handmade curtain.
- Make sure you have different shades of denim and before you start sewing, place them all on a flat surface combining the different colors -so that it looks similar to the photo-.
- It's time to sew the different pieces of fabric, take out the needle and thread and get to work! Start vertically and when you have all the strips ready join them horizontally.
- Now it's time to prepare the lining of the denim curtain. It's very simple, you just have to cut the lining the same size as the curtain and sew it on the back.
- To finish, you have to create the strips from which the curtain will hang. We can use the waistband of the jeans -the waistband- and use the buttons as a decorative element.
- Hang the curtain!
Do you dare to create your own denim curtain?