Captain Denim wins the San Juan 2019 Award for the Innovative Company in Quality and Environment
The president of the Confederation of Entrepreneurs of Albacete -FEDA-, Artemio Pérez, has announced the decision of the jury of the San Juan Business Awards 2019-XX Edition, whose delivery gala will take place on June 28 at the Palace of Congresses City of Albacete.
Thus, the company Captain Denim has been awarded in the category of Innovative Company in Quality and Environment, thanks to the constant evolution of the production processes that it has carried out focused on minimizing the impact that the industry has on the environment.
For years, the denim company has been working with renewable energies: solar panels as support and biomass as the main energy source, using organic matter such as almond shells, peach pits or olives, to put all the factory's machinery into operation.
Likewise, Captain Denim has implemented different innovative manufacturing processes with which it has managed to produce ecological, sustainable and high-quality garments. The company from Albacete works with certified organic and recycled cotton fabrics.
Captain Denim is currently working with Aitex on a new R&D project through which it will implement a process that favors a reduction in water consumption -more than 80%- and in the generation of wastewater -more than 90%- compared to traditional processes. In addition, they are jointly developing a series of projects with natural dyes from different plants.
As published by the president of FEDA, the winners of the San Juan Awards 2019-XX Edition are:
- Family Business: Talleres Chinares, SL
- Company in New Technologies and Innovation: Mifarma
- Exporting Company: Pistachios from La Mancha, SL
- Innovative Company in Quality and Environment: Captain Denim
- Young Entrepreneur: Ángel Roldán, Tomás González and Francisco Javier Flores –Flyworkdrone-
- Woman Entrepreneur: Emilia Parreño, Teresa Parreños and Sacramento Chumillas –Adit3 Soluciones-
- Traditional Company: Joafranpa, SL
- Promotion of Albacete: Elisa Belmonte –Soprano-
- Business Association: Caudete Trade Association
- Entrepreneurial Initiative Award: X Love of Art, Plastic and Creative Arts Workshop -Rosa González-
- Social Responsibility Award: San Ginés-Asprona Sports Club
- Business Merit Award: Abelardo Monedero –Albacete Agrícola, SL-
- Jury Mention: Bodegas Vitivinos, SCL
- Jury Mention: María José Navarro –Journalist-
- Jury Special Mention: CHUA Transplant Unit
According to the bases of these Awards, the Jury that awards the Awards is made up of nine members: Four representatives of the Executive Committee of FEDA, three representatives of the Public Administration -local, regional and state-, a representative of the University and a representative of the sponsoring entity or institution of the respective prize. The number of members is always odd. The Jury is chaired by the president of FEDA himself and the Confederation's secretary, Vicente García Martínez, acts as secretary.